Women's Tennis News & Highlights
April 20, 2013
Laubach Battles For Only Win Against Cougars
The Eagles earned their only win of the match in the No. 1 spot. Eastern sophomore Jenna Laubach trailed six games to five in the opening set, but won the next game to even the score at 6-6 and force a tiebreaker game. Laubach held on for the 7-5 tiebreaker win to clinch the first set. However, in the second set, Laubach began a tailspin and lost the first five games. One game away from losing the set, Laubach clawed her way back to win seven consecutive games and take the match 7-6, 7-5.
In the rest of the singles matches, Eastern's Kathleen Duffy was the only other player to take more than two games from a Misericordia opponent.
Eastern's doubles squads all fell by a score of 8-3.
With the loss, the Eagles are now 1-4 in the Freedom Conference. Misericordia improved to 3-2 in the conference.
The Eagles play at West Chester University at 3:30 pm on Thursday.
1. Jenna Laubach (EUWT) def. Michelle Cameron (MIWT) 7-6, 7-5
2. Cassie Foy (MIWT) def. Jenn Balbi (EUWT) 6-1, 6-1
3. Breanne Phillips (MIWT) def. Kim Kirk (EUWT) 6-1, 6-1
4. Emily Boro (MIWT) def. Elaine Grazulis (EUWT) 6-0, 6-1
5. Brittany Bressler (MIWT) def. Nicole Filipek (EUWT) 6-1, 6-0
6. Rachel Bossler (MIWT) def. Kathleen Duffy (EUWT) 6-2, 6-1
1. Michelle Cameron/Cassie Foy (MIWT) def. Jenna Laubach/Jenn Balbi (EUWT) 8-3
2. Emily Gherghel/Breanne Phillips (MIWT) def. Erika McChesney/Kim Kirk (EUWT) 8-3
3. Emily Hullings/Rachel Bossler (MIWT) def. Nicole Filipek/Elaine Grazulis (EUWT) 8-3
Updated: Monday, 29 November 1999