Eagle Vision 2.0 Launches
ST. DAVIDS, Pa.—Eastern Athletics launched the second phase of its web broadcasting platform Eagle Vision on Wednesday, upgrading the overall quality of the broadcasts.
Eagle Vision will now be streamed from a custom-designed computer running Livestream Studio to Livestream.com, a content delivery network.
One of the biggest changes that viewers will notice is an increase in picture quality from previous Eagle Vision broadcasts. For the last three years, Eagle Vision has been limited to standard definition broadcasts at approximately 360p, but now, with Livestream, the quality will increase to HD 720p (you can see the switch from 360p to 720p with the baseball clip at the end of the video above). The second biggest change is the automatic DVR of Livestream. If a viewer joins a broadcast late or wants to see a play again, they can rewind to any point in the broadcast and then can also press a “live” button to skip back to real time.
Other features that we are excited about include:
- Streaming to any PC, Mac, tablet, iPhone, Android or Roku device
- Viewers having the option to receive alerts via email or smart phone apps that a broadcast is about to begin
- Unlimited archiving of broadcasts
- Express highlight clips and embedded archived games in game recaps
- Incorporating social media into broadcasts
- Potential for basic instant replay
Updated: Wednesday, 16 July 2014